How to Get Soft and Healthy Lips
Lips are the most sensitive part of human body. They do not have any sweat glands and there for it does not have the usual protection layer of sweat and body oils which keep the skin smooth, inhibit pathogens, and regulate warmth. For these reasons, the lips dry out faster and become chapped more easily. Chapping of lips is more severe during winter and dry summer time.
How to get healthy and soft lips is something that worries most of us. Be it a man or a woman everybody wants to have soft and healthy lips. But getting soft and healthy lips is not rocket science and is very easy. You have to just follow some simple steps.
Tips to make lips soft are:
• Dehydration often leads to dry looking chapped lips. Drink plenty of water. Water will hydrate your body and will make your lips look hydrated and soft.
• Moisturize your lips regularly using lip balm and other lip care products available in market. Do not buy cheap colored lip balms; they are not good for lips. There are many brands of good lip balm available in market at reasonable price.
• Use any lip balm or lip care product only for one year and then replace it with new one. Old lip balms can store up bacteria. Do not share your lip balm.
• If you use lip sticks then go for the ones that have natural moisturizers in them. Do not buy cheap and local lip sticks.
• If you do not have moisturizing lip stick then apply lip balm over it. It will lock the moisture in lips only. You can also first apply ample amount of lip balm and then rub off the lips using a soft cloth, gently. This will remove dead skin and will give a softer look to your lips.
• Exfoliate your lips regularly using using simple household products such as mixing sugar and olive oil, simply scrub the mixture onto your lips in a circular motion, and rinse it off with warm water. This will keep off the dry skin and enhance the softer look. Do not exfoliate lips vigorously as it will harm them and may cause bleeding.
• Lips of men are somewhat different from women, so they can exfoliate their lips with a soft-bristled toothbrush after brushing your teeth at night to remove dead skin and make your lips softer. Gently massage your lips with the toothbrush using small, circular motions.
• Use a lip balm that has SPF or UV protection in it. It’ll help to protect your lips from harmful sun rays.
• Do not lick your lips. The saliva will dry them off.
• Rub your lips with natural honey; it will give you healthy and plump lips.
• Apply ample amount of lip balm on lips before going to bed. Your lips will be soft and healthy in the morning.
Follow these simple steps and you will have softer and healthier lips that you have always desired.
(Select all+copy+paste into your website)
About the Author
This article has been written and posted by a health advisor working at bookmydoctor.com, who also provides free of cost consultancy to patients and advise on various topics like How to make lips Soft by visiting the site, you can read articles on How to Get Healthy Lips and How to Care your Lips in Winter and for more information click the Hyperlink.